This simple, easy to read WordPress manual will guide you through the process of editing and maintaining your site content. Let’s learn about WordPress, open-source software used to power ~40% of all websites. You won’t find any talk of code, creating themes or plugins here.
In this guide suitable for WordPress beginners we will focus on:
Understand what WordPress is and how it works
- What is WordPress?
- What does a WordPress website cost? – free, cheap, custom
- WordPress vs Wix vs WordPress.com vs Custom code
Minimum requirements to run a WordPress powered site include:
- Domain – what users type to find you e.g. mysite.com.
- Hosting – a place to store the website files (including images) and run server
- WordPress – the software that runs the website (needs a server that supports PHP and MySQL)
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS), the best. The WordPress Editor uses blocks to help you create content: each post or page is just a collection of blocks.
With blocks, you can quickly add a heading, a paragraph, a list or embed images, videos. They make it super easy for you to create well designed visually pleasing landing pages and posts.
More content coming soon…
WP 101 Series on YouTube
Each of the pages in this WordPress guide will include a link to the relevant video in my YouTube channel.