My WordPress Workflow
I have honed a workflow using WordPress that allows us to create beautifully designed, easy to use and easy to update websites that are amazingly affordable and profitable for you. By standardising our workflow, I am able to build robust fast-loading sites quickly and for a fraction of the price.
Using a lightweight theme and just a handful of lightweight, robust plugins ensure that I can meet your needs without causing bloat. Our sites are therefore ready to be optimised to load blazingly fast – in just under 3 seconds!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is open source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app.
At VJ Design, these are some of the types of sites I have built using WordPress:
- Online shop
- Community Portal
- Local Business
- Journal for scientist
- Restaurant site
- Sports Club
- Social Media Integrated (powered by Facebook Blog)
- Online Portfolio
- Musicians Site with podcasts
Who uses WordPress?
~40% of the web uses WordPress, from hobby blogs to the biggest news sites online such as Forbes, NewsCorp, Time Inc, LinkedIn and Facebook Blog as well as the White House.
WordPress has become the leading Content Management System (CMS) thanks to powerful features, and the freedom to build anything you want. You can choose from over 4000 themes/templates.
GeneratePress my Solid Foundation for Custom Theme Development
At VJ Design, my foundation for a solid framework is GeneratePress.
At just 30KB, it is the perfect lightweight theme for your next project with over 2 million Downloads, 800+ 5 star reviews, 200,000+ Active websites and 50,000+ Happy customers.
Using GeneratePress, I am able to develop a custom design to fit your needs rather than fit your content to a template. Stable coding standards, use of valid HTML, structured data and being lightweight allows your sites to rank higher in search engines (SEO). It is accessibility ready (WCAG 2.0 standards).
Build anything with Plugins
Extend WordPress with over 55,000 plugins to help your website meet your needs. Add an online store, galleries, mailing lists, forums, analytics, and much more.
Here are some of the plugins I use:
- Autoptimize – Makes your site faster by optimising CSS, JS, Images, fonts and more.
- Broken Link Checker – Checks your blog for broken links and missing images and notifies you on the dashboard if any are found.
- Contact Form 7 – Simple but flexible contact form plugin.
- Code Snippets – An easy, clean and simple way to run code snippets on your site.
- Duplicate Post – Clone posts and pages.
- Simple CSS – Awesome CSS editor to add styles.
- Smush – Reduce image file sizes and improve performance.
- Yoast SEO – All-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.
- VJ Help – Our own help manual built into your site back-end. Help when you need it!
Our WordPress Workflow
Let’s work together to document your requirements to create a roadmap for a successful project.
I will prototype and design a beautiful site to suit your needs. Our principle of mobile-first and content oriented design ensures that your content is accessible and the site looks good across all devices.
We will use the GeneratePress theme, lightweight code, minimal plugins and latest tech standards to ensure that your WordPress site loads fast.
Once you approve, let’s add content and make the site live.
Throughout this process, I shall solicit feedback to continue improving the site.
Help: Post-launch, use the built in Help manual, to assist you to navigate and use your WordPress site effectively.
Support: Reach me from your website dashboard itself if you need help or require modifications to your site.
Let’s get started to make you an awesome site!